BASIS Independent Fremont and BASIS Independent Silicon Valley are seeking qualified candidates for a Director of Communications!
BASIS Independent Schools is seeking a Director of Communications to join our energetic, passionate school leadership team. In this role you will be instrumental in driving both the strategy and execution of internal stakeholder communications as well playing a crucial role in communicating the vitality of our school community to the BASIS Independent Schools network and to our local, external community. Your ability to anticipate and respond to both the communication needs and wants of our internal stakeholders will constantly be tapped while you act as the “storyteller in residence” for our schools. In this unique role you will be successful in using communications to support the efforts of our admissions and recruiting teams and to support retention efforts led by the Head of School. The position directly reports to the Head of School at BASIS Independent Silicon Valley but oversees communications for both the Silicon Valley <span "text-decoration:="" underline;"="">and Fremont campuses, with indirect accountability to the BASIS Independent Schools Managing Director of Marketing and Communications.
At the core of the dynamic BASIS Curriculum Schools is a common mission: BASIS Curriculum Schools are redefining education and leading the U. S. and the world in driving unmatched learning results
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with BASIS Independent Schools marcom and enrollment teams, local admissions teams, and other senior management to develop and implement communications strategies to broaden the impact of BASIS Independent Silicon Valley and BASIS Independent Fremont.
- Generate content based on a collaboratively developed editorial calendar to highlight curricular achievements, cultural values, and community events
- Maintain and drive positive traffic to social media sites including Great Schools, Yelp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google +, Niche.com
- Ensure clarity, efficacy, and consistency of messaging across departments (academic newsletters, administrative policy, auxiliary programming, college counseling, media relations, etc.
- Act as a point-person for external inquiries (outside of general enrollment inquiries), overseeing organizational response in close collaboration with key internal stakeholders
- Achieve tangible outcomes via external partnerships and earned media that enhance the prestige of the school and increase opportunities for students/families (internships, research)
- Manage media release permissions and ensure balanced student/family representation within school publications
- Maintain a dynamic school parent portal
- Oversee execution of and contribution to a twice yearly survey monitoring student and parent satisfaction.
- Track and report alumni activity
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Unique gift for storytelling and communications
- Keen attention to detail
- Passion for education and the mission of BASIS Independent Schools
- Voracious learner – you keep on top of trends in communications, particularly in the digital and social media space
- Excited at the prospect of establishing and improving upon best practices in communications
- Self-starter who can prioritize and work on a number of projects at once
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Superior judgement in crisis scenarios
- Collaborative attitude – you <span "text-decoration:="" underline;"="">must be a team player
- Persistence and uncanny project management skills!