Choate Rosemary Hall seeks a candidate for Assistant Director of Admission. This position is a full time (46-week) administrative faculty position reporting to the Director of Admission. The Assistant Director is a member of the Admission team and as such assists with all aspects of the admission and recruitment process, but especially with support of the Office when other officers are traveling.
- To fulfill these responsibilities the Assistant Director:
- Conducts interviews with prospective candidates and their families
- Manages a portion of the applicant pool
- Builds and maintains relationships with teachers, counselors, and placement personnel at established and potential feeder schools
- Reads, reviews, and evaluates candidates for admission
- Travels extensively out of state (sometimes out of country) on behalf of the school
- Gathers/coordinates demographic research, marketing, advertising, and logistics for each trip
- Works with Ten School Admission Organization (TSAO) peers, at times leading the effort, to coordinate group travel efforts
- Represents the school at receptions, fairs, and events
- Conducts presentations or information sessions for prospective families
- Assists with orchestration of on-campus programs: Open House, Spring Visits, Counselor/Consultant visits, etc.
- In concert with other departments, coordinates candidate recruitment for students with special interests
- Visits classes, school events (athletic/artistic/academic), and other functions to keep current on life at Choate
- Serves as Admission Office liaison to designated on-campus groups
- The Assistant Director of Admission takes on other duties as assigned by the Headmaster or Director of Admission.
Starting Date -- July 1, 2017
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Several years of relevant admission experience in either an independent school or college/university
- Proven track record as a highly collaborative individual with strong interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Candidate must have high energy and the interest and ability to travel on one's own
- High degree of comfort utilizing a range of technologies associated with large and dynamic admission offices
- Familiarity with independent, boarding school, or residential college environment preferred
- Driver’s license and appropriate background checks are required
- Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with varied constituencies: faculty, alumni, current Choate families, prospective families new to independent school and those from historically underrepresented backgrounds
- Fluency in Spanish or Chinese preferred
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their qualifications for this position, a current resume, and a list of three references with email addresses and telephone numbers, to Paula Barrows, Assistant to the Associate Headmaster, at email@example.com. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. For questions about the position, please contact Amin Gonzalez, Director of Admission: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be considered until the position has been filled.