Choate Rosemary Hall seeks a candidate for Admission Officer, a full time (46-week) administrative faculty position reporting to the Director of Admission. The Admission Officer is an entry-level position. The Admission Officer is responsible for several tasks that are critical to the successful operation of the Admission Office.
- To fulfill these responsibilities the Admission Officer:
- Conducts interviews with prospective candidates and their families
- Reads, reviews and evaluates candidates for admission
- Travels extensively out of state (sometimes out of country) on behalf of the school
- Builds and maintains relationships with teachers, counselors, and placement personnel at established and potential feeder schools
- Gathers/coordinates demographic research, marketing, advertising, and logistics for each trip
- Works with Ten School Admission Organization (TSAO) peers, at times leading the effort, to coordinate group travel efforts
- Represents the school at receptions, fairs, and events
- Conducts information sessions or presentations for prospective families.
- Assists with orchestration of on-campus programs: Open House, Spring Visits, Counselor/Consultant visits, etc.
- In concert with other departments, coordinates candidate recruitment for students with special interests
- Visits classes, school events (athletic/artistic/academic) or functions to keep current on life at Choate
- The Admission Officer takes on other duties as assigned by the Headmaster or Director of Admission.
Starting Date -- July 1, 2017
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proven track record as a highly collaborative individual with strong interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Candidate must have high energy and the interest and ability to travel on one's own
- Familiarity with the independent, boarding school world preferred
- Driver’s license and appropriate background checks are required
- High degree of comfort utilizing a range of technologies associated with large and dynamic admission offices
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their qualifications for this position, a current resume, and a list of three references with email addresses and telephone numbers, to Paula Barrows, Assistant to the Associate Headmaster, email@example.com. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Applications will be considered until the position has been filled.