Reporting to the Assistant Head of School for Community Engagement and Admissions, the Communication Manager will help create, implement, and oversee the school's communications program including internal and external outreach.
Responsibilities include creation and development of print and online advertising, email outreach, web site management and content development, press releases, magazine and newsletter articles, videos, Facebook, and other online social media outreach, marketing materials, and content for faculty newsletters as needed. Other responsibilities may include the preparation of presentations for All-School Meeting and staff meetings, assisting with open-house and admissions-related marketing, and coordination a parent-based welcome program designed to attract new families to friends Academy or assist newly accepted families transitioning to the school. This position may als help support efforts in development (fundraising) and events.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Confident communicator and presenter, comfortable speaking to groups.
- Superior project management and time management skills.
- Possess a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of trends in digital media/social media.
- Self motivated with a positive and professional approach to management.
- Must understand web design and be able to update online materials.
- Must be comfortable using social media.
- Understanding of key graphic design programs such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop
B.A degree required in communications, English, marketing, or related major.
Please send resume and cover letter to Katherine Gaudet at firstname.lastname@example.org