Presidio Hill School
San Francisco, CA
Job Title : Admission Associate
Status: 80% time/4 days a week, Non-exempt
Start Date: July or August 2017
Presidio Hill School is an independent, progressive school serving 220-230 students enrolled in transitional kindergarten to 8th grade.
Established in 1918, Presidio Hill School is the oldest continuously operating progressive school in California -- we celebrate our 100th anniversary this fall! In keeping with that heritage, Presidio Hill continues to offer its students a challenging, project-based curriculum that prepares them for the future by attending to their developmental needs. Guided by an expert and caring faculty, students learn to be confident and curious, to be creative problem solvers and independent, critical thinkers. Learning is collaborative and active.
Our vibrant, diverse, and supportive community allows students to explore their unique voices, traits, and talents; our emphasis on the importance of community and service encourages students to develop self-awareness, personal character, resilience, and an understanding of their role as stewards of the planet and citizens of the world. Position Description
Presidio Hill School is seeking an experienced individual who will support the Director of Admission four days a week. Candidates should enjoy children and be able to work successfully and cooperatively with faculty, staff, current and prospective families. Candidates needs to be personable with visitors to the School, on the phone and through email correspondence. Successful candidates will be well organized and able to arrange schedules and personal workflow in consultation with several parties. Looking for a responsible adult with great communication skills, attention to detail, understanding for the need of confidentiality and the ability to multi-task. Ideal candidates will recognize the importance of hospitality and helping people feel welcome. While this position is non-exempt, some evening and weekend work will be required. Some moderate lifting is also occasionally required. Position is a four day a week or flexible equivalent (80% time) and begins July/August 2017.
- Review monthly workflow with Director of Admission and manage and prioritize time as appropriate
- Have or easily gain a working knowledge of the database, PORTAL by InResonance
- Manage inquiry intakes and enter accurate data throughout the admission process
- Support application process, from pre-application to enrollment, including support with letter and enrollment contract preparation
- Review and summarize student transcripts and teacher evaluations
- Manage student visits and assessment days
- Consult with Learning Services Department and teachers regarding the assessment schedule and process
- Attend applicant assessment events, prepare materials for all assessors, take notes on review sessions and enter data
- Manage and support admission events (tours, open houses, welcome evenings, assessment)
- Hospitality table set up, shopping/ordering food and flowers, take down
- Manage event registration, print name tags
- Update website content
- Work with volunteers – students and parents
General Professional Responsibilities:
Presidio Hill School is committed to hiring and retaining employees who are committed to the mission of the school and the professional expectations that stem from that mission: that commitment should be visible through all the employee’s interactions with children, colleagues, supervisors, families, and community members. PHS employees are expected to be knowledgeable, prepared, and responsive, to strive for high standards of professional integrity and proficiency, to maintain positive and respectful communications and interactions with all members of the PHS community, and to ensure the health, safety, and wellbeing of PHS students at all times.
Employees should be strongly motivated to continually strive for best practices and to seek out appropriate professional development opportunities; PHS provides generous support for professional development. All PHS employees are expected to read and follow the policies and procedures as described in the Faculty/Staff Guidebook and the PHS Employee Handbook.
Presidio Hill School seeks a faculty and staff that reflect the broad range of diversity in the San Francisco Bay Area. We actively support equal opportunity for all people and encourage people of color and LGBTQ candidates to apply. Our school is strongly committed to learning about and promoting cultural competency in all interactions and programs.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, résumé, and a list of two to three references and/or letters of reference via email (with Admission Associate in the subject line) between April 24-May 12. Kelly Dees
Director of Admission