Director of Enrollment Management Opening
The mission of The Little School is to keep alive each child’s natural curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, to support balanced social and academic skill development, and to foster community minded, compassionate and intrinsically motivated students.
We imagine a world where education inspires children to develop a strong sense of self and the courage to become innovative and empathetic leaders.
The Little School seeks a director of enrollment management to join our community serving 160+ children age 3-11 on a 12-acre wooded campus in Bellevue, Washington. This is an exciting opportunity and challenge for an admissions professional committed to progressive education ideals and practices.
The Little School is at a particularly exciting juncture in its history. We are in an intentional enrollment growth phase with a target of 200 students. Simultaneously we are engaged in a master planning process which will lead to a capital campaign and campus and building renovation projects. The current strategic plan is a powerful guide with a strong focus on program, great teaching, diversity and community. The Little School is a vibrant community of cultures, languages and nationalities from around the world. Looking forward, the school is committed to its progressive roots enriched by a diverse learning community that is indeed little, albeit with big ideas. The director of enrollment management will be a critical member of our leadership team as we work toward these goals.
This is a central relationship building position with current and prospective families, Little School staff, the Eastside community at large, peer institutions and educators. The director of enrollment management serves as an inspiring and articulate public voice and face for the school.
Director of Enrollment Management Primary Responsibilities:
- Present and celebrate the school’s mission and practices to prospective families through admissions fairs, inquiries, tours and admissions events
- Activate outreach initiatives on the Eastside focused on building a more diverse school community
- Articulate a clear sense of the most suitable applicants for the school’s mission
- Manage admissions process from initial inquiry to the first months of school
- Maintain statistical data on all aspects of enrollment providing analysis with a focus on active use of data and trends in enrollment program decision making
- Maintain the family and prospective family database (inResonance)
- Communicate and administer the financial aid philosophy and program for the school
- Coordinate new family welcomes, orientation and buddy-family program
- Manage and assess the re-enrollment process for current families
- Work with all staff to build a culture of shared responsibility for enrollment management with a concentration on retention
- Work collaboratively with the business office and development office
- Assess and improve school’s marketing plan
- Participate in the strategic plan implementation
- Provide middle school outplacement counseling in concert with school counselor
- Build relationships with area public and independent middle schools and peer enrollment professionals
- Work to grow enrollment to 200 students
Important resources to get to know The Little School include:
This is a twelve-month position with a competitive salary, paid vacation and holidays, health, vision, dental and retirement benefits. For more information about the school visit www.thelittleschool.org.
Submit a resume, cover letter of interest and the names of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The job begins July 3, 2017.
It is our strong desire to build a diverse community of students, families and staff. The Little School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation or ethnic origin in the administration of its admissions, financial aid, hiring or any other school-administered programs.