Darrow School is seeking a Director of Admission and Enrollment Management that will play a lead role in ensuring that Darrow School continues to identify and attract talented students from around the world. An integral member of the senior administrative team, the Director is the lead ambassador for the school and provides leadership and strategic direction on issues related to student recruitment, admissions, enrollment management, including retention, and financial aid. The Director of Admission and Enrollment Management is responsible for the entire enrollment process, from inquiry through admission to assimilation into the school's culture, and retention of current families. The overall goal for the Director is to build on the Admission Office’s strengths to provide leadership and implement a strategic enrollment vision for a school that offers an innovative, individually-focused, college-preparatory curriculum, featuring a unique combination of classroom instruction, active learning and environmental consciousness. The School is in a period of growth and reflection, and has embarked upon a new strategic plan for the 2018+ years - it is an exciting time to be at Darrow and we are looking for the right person to join us.
The ideal candidate understands the benefits of an independent school education and will articulate Darrow’s vision, mission, and extraordinary educational experience in a compelling way. The Director shall be data driven with strong database skills and understands strategic enrollment management. As a member of the senior leadership team, the Director of Admission and Enrollment Management will not only be an advocate for enrollment, he or she will also be engaged with issue that influence school life and have an impact of faculty/staff, students and their families. This position reports to the Head of School and manages the admissions team.
- The Director will be responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the office that oversees that recruitment of mission appropriate students.
- Responsible for working with the entire school community to aid in the admissions and retention process.
- Provides leadership for the school’s admissions, marketing, communications, and internal community building teams; including strategic planning for growth.
- Present the school to prospective students and parents, as well as consultants, agencies and other schools, both domestically and internationally.
- Manage efficient handling of applications and communication with candidates and their parents/consultants; interviews with candidates and their parents; arrangements for educational testing; securing of necessary student credentials; and communicating final decisions to the appropriate individuals.
- Possess strong stakeholder relations experience, excellent planning and analytical skills, sound judgment, and the ability to work collegially with a dedicated and deeply committed faculty, staff and board of trustees.
- Oversee the admission office, creation of the admissions budget, and appropriate admissions and marketing materials, mailings and publications.
- Oversees the timely and cost-effective use of various media and other resources to communicate information about the school to internal and external constituents, including proactive and effective digital strategies and public relations.
- Advise and consult with the Head of School on all aspects of admissions and the school.
- Develop new programs and initiatives to attract and retain qualified students.
- Evaluate continually and redesign where appropriate all aspects of the admissions and marketing program with the goal of maintaining a capacity enrollment of qualified students and a wait-list of qualified applicants.
- Keep relevant statistics on all aspects of the admission and re-enrollment program and ensure the Head of School is regularly updated on enrollment issues.
- Represents the school at various gatherings to various groups including alumni, students, families, community leaders, businesses, donors, and board members.
- Remain informed of demographic trends and uses market research to identify new target markets, better penetrate existing markets, and inform strategic decision-making.
- Play a vital role in the school community and will be expected to strengthen the enrollment management infrastructure by implementing strategies to ensure that the Office achieves the enrollment goals set by the Board of Trustees and Head of School.
- Maintain an active presence on campus and participate fully in campus life by attending events and serving as an Administrator on Duty in a rotation with all other members of the senior administrative team.
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately, with the new Director of Admission and Enrollment Management to take office July 1, 2017, if not sooner. Competitive salary and benefits, with campus housing. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail to Darrow School, Attn: Human Resources, 110 Darrow Rd, New Lebanon, NY 12125
Darrow School, a small independent, co-ed, boarding/day school for grades 9-12, located on the New York State side of the Berkshires, offers an innovation, individually-focused college-preparatory curriculum, featuring a unique combination of dynamic classroom instruction, active learning, and environmental consciousness. Students learn within an atmosphere that supports intellectual curiosity, creativity, and experimentation. The School emphasizes differentiated instruction and student-centered, active learning as key teaching philosophies. The natural and historical resources of this Shaker-designed, mountainside community also inspire incredible opportunities for place-based teaching. Darrow School faculty and staff are fully engaged in the life of a boarding school beyond the academic day, as well, supporting students in a range of co-curricular programming including athletics, residential life, weekend activities, and signature programs like Hands-to-Work and Spring Term. Darrow School’s mission is to serve students from a wide variety of backgrounds and abilities, building on each student’s individual talents and interests to inspire enduring confidence for success in college and life.