Charles Wright Academy _________________________________
7723 Chambers Creek Road West
Tacoma, WA 98467-2099
Director of Enrollment Management
Posting Date: March 27, 2017
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Start Date: July, 2017
Charles Wright Academy is an independent coeducational day school offering a broad curriculum in the liberal arts. Founded in 1957, the school enrolls 675 students in grades junior kindergarten through twelve. We are located in a suburban neighborhood southwest of Tacoma, approximately one mile from Puget Sound and within the shadow of Mt. Rainier.
Charles Wright Mission Statement: Charles Wright Academy provides a rigorous and dynamic liberal arts education built on the principles of excellence and compassion. Within an inclusive and globally aware learning community, we foster self-reliance, integrity, social responsibility, and humor, inspiring our students to discover within themselves the courage to achieve their personal best in mind, body, and spirit.
Charles Wright Academy is seeking a Director of Enrollment Management to join our team July, 2017. This position is a full-time, year-round, exempt position, reports to the Director of Advancement and sits on the school’s directors leadership team.
With the Head of School and the Director of Advancement, the Director of Enrollment Management develops a strategic vision that meets school-wide admission and enrollment goals. This person will lead the Admission team to realize that vision through the design and implementation of both a multi-year strategy and yearly tactical action plans.
The Director of Enrollment Management is charged with:
- developing long and short term enrollment management strategies informed by data and by the school’s mission and institutional goals and activates the school community to meet annual admission goals in compliance with the NAIS Principles of Good Practice;
- fostering high ethical standards, integrity, and respect for prospective students and families, colleagues, alumni, parents, and enrolled students throughout the admissions process;
- serving as the key “brand ambassador” for the school and training school employees and volunteers on clear, consistent messaging about the school’s mission and educational program;
- designing and improving admission-related operations and systems, including data collection and analytics;
- providing robust research and metrics for school leadership to review and use in support of institutional goals;
- engaging the school community in support of the admission and enrollment process;
- collaborating with advancement’s communication and marketing team to develop outreach materials which support the many facets of the school and admissions program;
- leading and managing the financial aid program in order to meaningfully advance the school’s admission, enrollment and retention goals;
- managing the re-enrollment process;
- understanding issues of diversity, equity and inclusion at CWA and working to advance diversity and inclusion within the school;
- identifying meaningful metrics and accurate reports that reflect the progress of the office and inform school strategy;
- supervises, supports, and evaluates members of the admission team and fosters a strong culture of high performance, accountability, mutual support, and professional growth;
- collaborates with the Head of School, Director of Advancement, and CFO to develop and manage financial aid program, strategy and tactics to allocate tuition assistance funds in support of multiple enrollment goals.
Interested candidates should send:
1) a resume
2) a letter of interest referencing the source code of where you first learned of the position to:
Mail: Attention Office of Human Resources at address above.
In-person application: Follow campus signs to “Upper School”, using Upper School visitor parking. The Office of Human Resources is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
No phone calls, please.
Charles Wright Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/V/D.