Department: Admission Office
Title: Associate Dean of Admission (with a focus on social media and print/digital communication)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisor’s Title: Dean of Admission
The Lawrenceville School is a highly selective private independent boarding school that has built a legacy of excellence in education and has earned national recognition for its commitment to environmental sustainability. The 200 year-old campus occupies 350 landscaped acres in the historical town of Lawrenceville, NJ and is listed on the National Historic Register as reflected by the campus’s old-world architecture and landscaping.
The Lawrenceville School announces an opening in its Office of Admission and Financial Aid for Associate Dean of Admission with an emphasis on graphic design, social media and digital communications. We are seeking an energetic, dedicated, collegial individual who wants to work with both high school students and adults in a collaborative, diverse and inclusive academic setting.
- Read application files
- Interview applicants
- Lead the office’s social media and print/digital communication efforts under guidelines established by the Office of Communications
- Maintain the Admission Office section of the school’s website under the direction of the school’s webmaster
- Travel to represent the school at admission events
- Assist in planning Revisit days
- Coach or assist with a sport or co-curricular activity in two seasons
- Advise a group of 6 to 8 students
- Provide weekly supervision for boarding students; faculty are expected o spend 8 years living in one of the residential houses
The strongest applicants will have the following qualifications:
- Min at least 3 years of experience in an independent school admission office or related field
- Professional experience with and passion for social media and print/digital communication tools, including video
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Familiarity with and comfort in utilizing a range of technologies often associated with large and dynamic admission offices
- BA or BS in a related field
Candidates will need to submit the following:
- References upon request
The School is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, national origin, nationality, sex, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability (including AIDS and HIV related illness), genetic information, refusal to provide genetic information, refusal to submit to genetic testing, ancestry, familial status, marital status, domestic partnership status, civil union status, atypical cellular or blood trait, military service, application for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The Lawrenceville School will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
This commitment is evident in all aspects of the School’s employment practices and policies, including recruiting, hiring, job assignment, promotion, compensation, discipline, discharge, benefits and training.
Background Check Statement:
The Lawrenceville School conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Eligible employees receive a competitive benefit package that includes health insurance coverage, paid leave and retirement plan options and many other valuable programs.