Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management-Dexter Southfield
April 4, 2018
Full Time - Faculty
About Dexter Southfield
Dexter Southfield is an independent school with 850 students, where boys and girls in Pre-K through Class 12 develop their individual talents and build an ethical foundation for life. Through challenging, supportive, and innovative programming, students learn to lead with confidence and serve with compassion. Our 36-acre campus is located on the Brookline-Boston line, just minutes from the city’s best museums, libraries, hospitals, colleges, and universities—all of which serve as an extension of our classrooms. At Dexter Southfield, we approach everything we do with enthusiasm and commitment, living by our School’s motto: “Our Best Today, Better Tomorrow.”
About Our Team
Our Admissions team is made up of highly talented and professional members who demonstrate exceptional commitment to the School’s growth and success. If you are committed to being in and supporting a community that focuses on the education and well-being of students in a variety of settings (both in and outside the classroom), this role offers you a great opportunity to join one of the region’s most respected independent schools.
You are a creative and collaborative leader who has overseen all aspects of an independent school’s full admission cycle, including marketing and communication, recruitment, financial aid, retention, and team building. You will be responsible for establishing goals, work plans, operations, and budget to meet the School's enrollment and tuition revenue goals. You are a data-driven decision maker who will serve as a member of the senior leadership team and work closely with all constituencies, including the Board of Trustees. You enjoy the fast pace and high energy of a growing independent day school, and you demonstrate integrity, humor, and sound judgment in everything you do.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to:
• Develop strategic marketing and inclusive outreach efforts to attract diverse families and enroll talented students who will thrive and contribute to the community as a whole.
• Interpret market data and trends to ensure the long-term growth and strength of Dexter Southfield.
• Analyze data and use sound judgment to identify and recommend program adjustments, as necessary.
• Develop and maintain a database of community demographics and the School’s historic admission statistics that can be used to reflect, project, and forecast annual enrollment opportunities.
• Analyze and implement the appropriate role of financial aid in optimizing enrollment and quality.
• Use marketing strategies to promote the School’s brand in and beyond the local community, by establishing meaningful relationships with area preschools, daycares, and other feeder schools and with area human resources offices, realtors, and other business leaders to market the School to relocating professionals.
• Support high-level and high-profile programming to build enrollment and revenue.
• Promote a vision, communicate a strategy, and see it through to practical execution.
• Communicate to the Admissions team the School’s overarching strategic plans for the purposes of alignment, focus, and effective implementation.
• Maximize technological tools for information management, advancement, outreach and marketing.
• Work successfully with a variety of constituents, including parents, students, faculty, and staff.
• Successfully manage, train, mentor, and earn the respect of a highly talented seven-member team.
• Perform other related duties, as assigned.
• At least five years of admissions leadership and financial aid experience in an independent school or college.
• Bachelor’s degree required; master’s or other advanced degree preferred.
• Strong public speaking skills to diverse audiences in both large venues and intimate settings.
• Sound understanding of academic programming and willingness to support the School’s strengths.
• Strong analytical decision-making and communication skills.
• Attentiveness to the Boston independent school market and trends among peer schools.
• Ability to communicate with poise and tact to constituencies, notably when faced with competing priorities.
At Dexter Southfield, we promote a culture of excellence that extends beyond academics, athletics, and the arts. We offer a culture and community in which both employees and students feel valued and respected.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter, resume, and completed employment application to Carmen Urbonas, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.